2016 GMC Truck Acadia AWD V6-3.6L Technical Service Bulletin # 07-08-50-013A Date: 100923
Interior - Driver's Power Seat is Inoperative
Bulletin No.: 07-08-50-013A
Date: September 23, 2010
Subject: Front Driver Power Seat Inoperative, Driver Seat Will Not Move Forward or Backward (Replace Horizontal Motor Drive Cable)
2008-2011 Buick Enclave
2007-2011 GMC Acadia
2007-2010 Saturn OUTLOOK
Equipped with 6-Way Power Seat (RPO AG1) or 8-Way Memory Seat (RPO AG3)
2016 GMC Truck Acadia AWD V6-3.6L Page 289
This bulletin is being revised to update the model years and parts information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-08-50-013 (Section 08 -
Body and Accessories).
Some customers may comment that the front driver power seat will not move forward or backward.
This condition may be caused by the horizontal motor drive cable breaking apart.
Replace the horizontal motor drive cable using the procedure below.
1. Remove the front driver seat from the vehicle. Refer to the Bucket Seat Replacement procedure in SI.
2. Place the seat upside down on a clean workbench.
3. Locate the horizontal motor drive cable (1) mounted in the motor bracket (2).
4. Using a standard screwdriver, carefully pry up on the plastic drive cable housing to unsnap from the motor bracket.
5. Remove the drive cable from the horizontal motor and transmission. Ensure that all cable fragments are removed before proceeding.
6. Using a metric ruler, measure from the front end of the upper rail (1) to the front end of the lower rail (2) on the inboard track section.
2016 GMC Truck Acadia AWD V6-3.6L Page 290
7. Using a metric ruler, measure from the front end of the upper rail (1) to the front end of the lower rail (2) on the outboard track section.
8. If the measurements are within 3 mm (0.12 in) from each other, proceed to step 10. If the difference in the measurements is greater than 3 mm
(0.12 in), the track section must be timed. Proceed to step 9.
9. Horizontally power the seat (fore or aft) to cause the outboard track section to get a measurement within 3 mm (0.12 in) of the inboard track
section. The track sections are now in time.
Be sure to install the correct new drive cable based on whether the seat has a metal motor bracket or a plastic motor bracket.
10. Insert one end of the new drive cable into the horizontal motor until fully seated. If the seat is a memory seat, the longer unflocked end of the
drive cable will be inserted into the motor.
11. Take the opposite end of the drive cable and insert into the horizontal transmission on the inboard track section. The drive cable may need to
be turned to properly align with the transmission.
12. Snap the drive cable housing into the metal clips on the motor bracket.
13. Install the front driver seat into the vehicle. Refer to the Bucket Seat Replacement procedure in SI.
14. Verify proper operation of the seat.
2016 GMC Truck Acadia AWD V6-3.6L Page 291
To obtain the new horizontal motor drive cable, fax the form included in this bulletin to the GM Warranty Parts Center (WPC). Request the WPC #
for the appropriate seat application and configuration.
- WPC #397 for 6-way power seat (AG1) with metal motor bracket
- WPC #398 for 8-way memory seat (AG3) with metal motor bracket
- WPC #569 for 6-way power seat (AG1) with plastic motor bracket
- WPC #570 for 8-way memory seat (AG3) with plastic motor bracket
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use table.
2016 GMC Truck Acadia AWD V6-3.6L Page 292
IMPORTANT NOTE WHEN PRINTING THIS FORM: If the form prints out on two pages, make certain you fax BOTH pages so that the WPC
receives all the needed information. Missing information will delay or prevent the part from being shipped.