2016 GMC Truck Acadia AWD V6-3.6L Technical Service Bulletin # 10-08-42-001 Date: 100514
Lighting - Low Beam Headlamp(s) Inoperative
Bulletin No.: 10-08-42-001
Date: May 14, 2010
Subject: Low Beam Headlamp Bulb Diagnosis/Replacement (Inspect Bulb and Connector)
2008-2010 Buick Enclave
2008-2010 Cadillac CTS, CTS-V
2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon, SRX
2007-2010 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2007-2010 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2008-2010 Chevrolet Malibu
2009-2010 Chevrolet Traverse
2007-2010 GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL
2006-2010 Pontiac G6
2007-2010 Saturn AURA
This bulletin DOES NOT apply to vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps.
Some customers may comment that the low beam headlamp is inoperative.
DO NOT replace the entire headlamp assembly for this condition.
Replace the bulb and inspect the connector following the procedure below.
2016 GMC Truck Acadia AWD V6-3.6L Page 261
1. Remove the lamp assembly, then remove the bulb. Refer to Headlamp Assembly Replacement in SI.
2. Inspect the connector.
- If the connector is NOT discolored or damaged, replace the bulb only. For bulb part numbers, see Headlamp Bulb (Low Beam) in Group
02.727 of the appropriate Parts Catalog.
- If the connector is discolored at the bulb interface, replace the connector (service pigtail listed below) and bulb.
Use only Duraseal splice sleeves (salmon, P/N 12089189). Other splice sleeves may not protect the splice from moisture or
provide a good electrical connection. Refer to Splicing Copper Wire Using Splice Sleeves in SI for splicing procedures.
1. Cut the wires of the connector approximately 45 mm (1-3/4 in) from the connector and splice in the service pigtail connector. Ensure
that the splices are not above the connector when re-installing.
2. Replace the bulb.
3. Verify that the headlamp is fully functional.
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:
If only bulbs are replaced, use labor operation N0440 or N0441.