* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B396A 01
- Liftgate Motor Control Circuit Short to Battery
DTC B396A 02
- Liftgate Motor Control Circuit Short to Ground
DTC B396A 04
- Liftgate Motor Control Circuit Open
Diagnostic Fault Information
The liftgate motor is a bi-directional motor and open or close operation is the result of the direction of the motor rotation. The liftgate control
module (LGM) controls the liftgate motor through the control circuits by supplying power and ground in the appropriate polarity. The motor control
circuits are monitored by the LGM prior to activation for a high or low condition and during motor operation for any irregular current flow
Conditions for Running the DTC