headlamp and panel dimmer switch. When the dimming switch is placed in the desired position, the dimmed voltage setting is applied from the
headlamp and panel dimmer switch through the instrument panel (I/P) lamp dimming switch signal circuit to the BCM. The BCM then applies the
dimmed voltage to the I/P lamp dimming control circuit and the components on the circuit.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* Battery voltage must be between 9-16 V.
* The ignition must be ON.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The BCM receives an open, voltage, or ground signal on the I/P lamp dimming control circuit.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The I/P lamps are not illuminated.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The conditions for setting the DTC are no longer present.
* A history DTC clears after 100 malfunction-free ignition cycles.
* The BCM receives the clear code command from the scan tool.
Interior Lights Dimming Schematics (See: Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Lighting and Horns/System Diagram/Interior Lights Dimming Schematics
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Interior Lighting Systems Description and Operation (See: Lighting and Horns/Description and Operation/Interior Lighting Systems Description
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
Note: Each back lighted component may need to be disconnected to isolate a short to voltage or short to ground. Use the schematic to identify
* Back lighted components the vehicle is equipped with.
* Component locations on the back lighting dimming control circuit
* Each component's control and ground circuit terminals
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at any component with inoperative backlighting.
2. Ignition OFF, scan tool disconnected, interior lamps OFF, doors CLOSED, test for less than 5 ohm between the ground circuit and ground.
锟斤拷 If greater than the specified value, test the ground circuit for an open/high resistance.
3. Connect a test lamp between the control circuit and ground.
4. Command the Incandescent Dimming Control ON and OFF with a scan tool. The test lamp should turn ON and OFF when changing between
the commanded states.
锟斤拷 If the test lamp is always OFF, test the control circuit for a short to ground or an open/high resistance. If the circuit tests normal, replace