When the power seat switches are pressed, they send a 12-volt signal through the switch signal circuits to the memory seat module (MSM). The
MSM then commands the driver seat motors to move in response to the switch signals.
Conditions for Running the DTC
The memory seat module must be powered.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
* If a seat switch circuit is active in one direction and the switch for the opposite direction is pressed, this DTC will set.
* Multiple DTCs will set if one of the switch signal circuits is shorted to voltage.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* A motor output driven in response to a switch considered failed, is deactivated for both directions.
* All memory recall commands are ignored.
* The MSM will respond to any other switch signal that has not set a DTC.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The current DTC will clear and set the code to history, 3 seconds after the fault is no longer present and the ignition is cycled OFF then back
to ACC or RUN.
* A history DTC will clear after 50 consecutive fault-free ignition cycles have occurred.
Driver Seat Schematics ()
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Memory Seats Description and Operation ()
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for Scan Tool Information
Ignition ON, observe all scan tool Driver Position Module seat switch parameters while pressing and releasing the each seat directional switch. The
reading should change between Inactive and Active.
1. Ignition OFF, disconnect the harness connector at the seat adjuster switch.
2. Verify the scan tool seat switch parameters listed below are Inactive.
* Front Vertical Upward Switch
* Front Vertical Downward Switch
* Rear Vertical Upward Switch
* Rear Vertical Downward Switch
* Horizontal Forward Switch
* Horizontal Rearward Switch
* Recline Forward Switch
* Recline Rearward Switch
锟斤拷 If not the specified value, test the appropriate signal circuit listed below for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the MSM.