* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B3265 00
- Trunk/Hatch/Liftglass Release Output Circuit
Diagnostic Fault Information
The liftglass release switch is an input to the body control module (BCM). The BCM supplies battery voltage to the signal circuit and when the
release switch is activated the signal circuit voltage goes low. The BCM controls the liftglass release actuator through the rear wiper motor control
module. When the release switch signal is activated the BCM applies battery voltage to the liftglass latch release signal circuit. The rear wiper motor
control module supplies voltage to the release actuator through the liftglass release actuator control circuit.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* System voltage must be 9-16 volts.
* The liftglass release operation is commanded.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The BCM detects a fault in the liftglass release signal circuit.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The liftglass latch will be inoperative for as long as the fault is present.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The DTC will be current for as long as the fault is present.
* When the fault is no longer present, the DTC will be a history DTC.
* A history DTC will clear after 50 ignition cycles.
Release Systems Schematics (See: Body and Frame/Locks/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Release Systems Schematics)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Liftgate Description and Operation (See: Body and Frame/Doors, Hood and Trunk/Trunk / Liftgate/Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit