Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
* GMLAN Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Wiring Repairs/GMLAN Wiring Repairs)
* Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for module replacement, setup, and programming
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B153A 00
- Liftgate Latch Switch Signal Circuit
DTC B153A 08
- Liftgate Latch Switch Signal Circuit Signal Invalid
Diagnostic Fault Information
The ratchet, pawl, and sector switches are part of the liftgate latch assembly and are used by the liftgate module (LGM) to determine the state of the
latch during the process of latching or unlatching. The ratchet and pawl switches will be inactive when the primary and secondary latches are latched,