锟斤拷 If the test lamp is always ON, test the control circuit for a short to voltage. If the circuit tests normal, replace the BCM.
5. If all circuits test normal, replace the component with the inoperative backlighting.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
* Refer to the appropriate replacement procedure for the component causing the condition.
* Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for BCM replacement, setup, and programming
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B2705 02
- Gearshift Unlock Circuit Short to Ground
Diagnostic Fault Information
The body control module (BCM) controls the automatic transmission shift lock control solenoid by providing a battery positive voltage to the
solenoid. The BCM utilizes a smart driver to control the voltage supply circuit to the automatic transmission shift lock control solenoid. The smart
driver monitors the voltage and current flow of the control circuit.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* The ignition switch is in the ON position.
* The brake pedal is pressed.
* The transmission is in the PARK position.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The DTC sets if there is a short to ground in the automatic transmission shift lock control solenoid control circuit.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The BCM will not attempt to enable the voltage supply circuit of the automatic transmission shift lock control solenoid until the next key cycle.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* A current DTC B2705 will clear when the malfunction is no longer present and the ignition switch is cycled.
* A history DTC will clear after 100 ignition cycles with no current DTC active during the 100 ignition cycles.
Shift Lock Control Schematics (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Shift Interlock/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams
Connector End View Reference