The SDM sets this DTC when the SDM has received invalid serial data from the PPS module.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* The SDM disables the passenger instrument cluster air bag.
* The PPS module will illuminate the Passenger Airbag On/Off indicator status as OFF.
* When the PPS module sets this DTC, the PPS module communicates with the SDM to turn the AIRBAG indicator on.
* When the SDM sets this DTC, the SDM will turn the AIRBAG indicator on.
* The SDM requests the instrument panel cluster (IPC) to illuminate the AIRBAG indicator.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The condition for setting the DTC no longer exists and there is no activity on the low speed serial data circuits.
* A history DTC will clear once 100 malfunction-free ignition cycles have occurred.
If either the SDM or PPS module were replaced, verify that the correct replacement part numbers were used for this vehicle.
SIR Schematics (See: Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Air Bag Systems)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
SIR System Description and Operation (See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Systems/Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
* When removing connectors inspect for damage, corrosion or poor connection. Damage or corrosion in the following requires
repair or replacement of the affected component/connector.
* PPS module
* SDM module
* PPS module harness connector
* SDM wiring harness connector
1. Ignition ON, verify that DTC B0081 is the only DTC set in the SDM or PPS module.
锟斤拷 If any other DTCs are set, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle (See: Diagnostic Trouble Code
Descriptions/Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle).
2. Verify DTC B0081 0F, DTC B0081 3A, DTC B0081 39, or DTC B0081 71 is not set in the SDM. If any of these DTCs set in the SDM
diagnose the following:
* SDM DTC B0081 0F:
锟斤拷 If DTC B0081 0F sets in the SDM then the PPS module will set DTC B0081 4B or DTC B0081 5A. Refer to step #3 and diagnose the