DTC B3819, B3820, B3822, or B3823
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B3819 00
- Left Rear Window Up Control Circuit
DTC B3820 00
- Left Rear Window Down Control Circuit
DTC B3822 00
- Right Rear Window Up Control Circuit
DTC B3823 00
- Right Rear Window Down Control Circuit
Diagnostic Fault Information
The body control module (BCM) monitors the window UP/DOWN command from the driver door switch (DDS). When the rear window UP or
DOWN command is received, the BCM sends a signal to the appropriate rear window switch. The rear window switches continuously monitor the
up and down signal circuits, if no function is being commanded, the signal voltage is at approximately B+ voltage. If the UP or DOWN function is
commanded, the BCM signal voltage drops approximately 0.5 volts and the appropriate rear window switch will then command the window in the
UP or DOWN direction.
Conditions for Running the DTC