Conditions for Setting the DTC
* The navigation radio tests the navigation display backlighting every 1 second.
* The radio determines there is a malfunction or overheat condition in the navigation display backlighting.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
Navigation backlighting may be too bright, dim or blank.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The condition responsible for setting the DTC no longer exists.
* A history DTC will clear once 50 consecutive malfunction-free ignition cycles have occurred.
Occasionally it is possible to overheat the navigation display backlighting due to excessive ambient heat inside the vehicle. In this instance it may be
necessary to allow time for the display to cool.
Radio/Navigation System Schematics (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Radio/Navigation System
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Navigation System Description and Operation (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Description and Operation/Navigation System
Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
1. Ignition OFF, allow the navigation display to cool if the ambient temperature inside the vehicle is excessive and the radio is hot to the touch.
Verify the navigation display is cool and the DTC has cleared and gone to history.
2. Ignition ON, with a scan tool, clear all DTCs and operate the audio/navigation system within the Conditions for Running the DTC. Verify the
DTC does not reset.
锟斤拷 If the DTC resets, replace the radio.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for Radio replacement, setup, and programming
DTC B2476 or B2482
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.