Verify DTC B3109, B3110, B3111, or B3112 are not set.
If any of the DTCs are set, replace the battery in the appropriate keyless entry transmitter. Operate the transmitter 3 consecutive times. If the DTC
resets, replace the keyless entry transmitter.
Important: This vehicle may be equipped with the 2-Way Advanced Remote Start System. Vehicle equipped with the 2-Way Advanced
Remote Start System can be identified by an LCD screen on the keyless entry transmitter or a yellow label on the RCDLR. When servicing
the 2-Way Advanced Remote Start System, ensure that the correct parts are installed during replacement. Service parts for the 2-Way
Advanced Remote Start System can be found in the Accessory section of the parts manual.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
Remote Control Door Lock Transmitter Programming (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Antitheft and Alarm Systems/Keyless
Entry/Keyless Entry Transmitter/Testing and Inspection)
DTC B3109, B3110, B3111, or B3112
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B3109 00
- Keyless Entry Transmitter 1 Low Battery
DTC B3110 00
- Keyless Entry Transmitter 2 Low Battery
DTC B3111 00
- Keyless Entry Transmitter 3 Low Battery
DTC B3112 00
- Keyless Entry Transmitter 4 Low Battery
With each press of a keyless entry transmitter button, a message containing the current battery state of the transmitter is sent to the remote control
door lock receiver (RCDLR) along with the commanded keyless entry function.
Conditions for Running the DTC
A keyless transmitter button is pressed.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The DTC sets after 3 consecutive low battery signals from the same programmed transmitter.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The keyless entry system is inoperative.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
The DTC is cleared when a normal transmitter voltage signal is received from the programmed transmitter that set the DTC.
The keyless entry transmitter used in the 2-Way Advanced Remote Start System is unique to the system. When servicing or replacing a transmitter,
ensure that the correct transmitter is used. The correct transmitter part number can be found in the Accessory section of the parts catalog. Attempting