* Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for rear object alarm module replacement, setup and
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B1424 00
- Device Voltage Low - Theft Deterrent Module
Diagnostic Fault Information
The theft deterrent module (TDM) monitors the battery positive (B+) voltage available to it. If the voltage at the TDM is between 6-9 volts, and the
voltage being reported by a serial data message is greater than 9 volts, then DTC B1424 00 sets.
Conditions for Running the DTC
The ignition is ON.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
* Voltage at the TDM B+ circuit is between 6-9 volts.
* Reported battery voltage received via serial data is valid and is greater than 9 volts.
* The above conditions have been met for 2 seconds.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* The security indicator turns ON.
* The driver information center (DIC) displays the SERVICE THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM message.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* A current DTC clears when the battery voltage at the TDM is greater than 9 volts, or if the voltage reported by serial data is less than 9 volts.
* A history DTC clears after 100 consecutive ignition cycles, if no failures are reported by this diagnostic.
A low voltage DTC in multiple modules indicates a concern in the charging system.
Immobilizer Schematics (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Antitheft and Alarm Systems/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Immobilizer
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
* Immobilizer Description and Operation (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Antitheft and Alarm Systems/Description and
Operation/Immobilizer Description and Operation)
* Charging System Description and Operation (See: Starting and Charging/Charging System/Description and Operation)