* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category
DTC B2870 01
- Tilt Up Switch Circuit Short to Battery
DTC B2875 01
- Tilt Down Switch Circuit Short to Battery
Diagnostic Fault Information
The memory seat module (MSM) receives voltage inputs from the tilt switch based on the position of the switch. The MSM then supplies battery
voltage and a ground to the tilt motor control circuits depending on which direction of movement is requested.
Conditions for Running the DTC
The ignition ON.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The MSM detects a tilt switch input for more than 30 consecutive seconds after the tilt motor movement has stopped.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* The tilt motor will be deactivated.
* Memory recall functions will be disabled.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* A current DTC will clear when the failed switch input is no longer active.
* A history DTC will clear after 100 ignition cycles.
An intermittently stuck tilt switch may cause a DTC to set.
Steering Wheel Schematics (See: Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Steering/Steering Column/Steering Wheel Schematics)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Steering Wheel and Column Description and Operation (See: Steering and Suspension/Steering/Steering Column/Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring