* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B3060 00
- Unprogrammed Transponder Identification Code Received
When an ignition key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder and the ignition is switched ON, the transponder embedded in the head of the key is
energized by the exciter coils surrounding the ignition lock cylinder. The energized transponder transmits a signal that contains its unique value,
which is received by the theft deterrent module (TDM). The TDM then compares this value to a value stored in memory. This stored value is the
learned key code. If the value is correct, the TDM will send the prerelease password via the serial data circuit to the engine control module (ECM).
If the transponder value does not match the learned key code or a transponder value is not received, the TDM will send the start disable password to
Conditions for Running the DTC
Ignition is in the Accessory or Run position.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The transponder value measured by the TDM is incorrect or not learned to the vehicle.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* Vehicle starting will be disabled.
* The security indicator will be illuminated.
* The security indicator will flash (Canada only).
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* A current DTC will be cleared when the TDM detects a valid transponder value from the ignition key.
* A history DTC will be cleared after 100 malfunction-free ignition cycles or when a scan tool is used to clear DTCs.
Immobilizer Schematics (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Antitheft and Alarm Systems/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Immobilizer
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Immobilizer Description and Operation (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Antitheft and Alarm Systems/Description and
Operation/Immobilizer Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring