A L L Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ): B Code Charts
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B0000 5A
- Vehicle Speed Information Circuit Plausibility Failure
Diagnostic Fault Information
The radio receives a vehicle speed signal from the electronic brake control module (EBCM) in order to correlate actual vehicle speed to the
movement of the vehicle calculated by the navigation system and reported serial data.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* Radio ON.
* Battery voltage must be between 9-16 volts.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
* Vehicle speed from serial data is more than 5 km/h (3 mph) and vehicle speed pulse from the EBCM is 0 km/h (0 mph).
* Vehicle speed calculated from the navigation processing software is more than 36 km/h (22 mph) and vehicle speed pulse from the EBCM is 0
km/h (0 mph) for 10 seconds continuously.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* Turn by turn route navigation may be inoperative.
* Vehicle indicated location may be inaccurate.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The condition responsible for setting the DTC no longer exists.
* A history DTC clears after 100 malfunction-free ignition cycles.
Radio/Navigation System Schematics (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Radio/Navigation System
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Navigation System Description and Operation (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment/Description and Operation/Navigation System
Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic