1. Using the L-BU probes J 35616-65B, connect the EL-49741 - 9 V+ power source harness to the TCSCS as specified below for the LED being
tested. Connecting the harness in the opposite pins will not illuminate the LED.
2. Connect a 9 V battery to the EL-49741 - harness.
3. Verify that only the indicator being tested illuminates.
锟斤拷 If the indicator does not illuminate when tested or the incorrect indicator illuminates, replace the TCSCS.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
* Transfer Case Shift Control Switch Replacement (Without SLT) (See: Powertrain Management/Transmission Control Systems/Sensors and
Switches - Transmission and Drivetrain/Sensors and Switches - Transfer Case/Four Wheel Drive Selector Switch/Service and Repair)
* Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for TCSCM replacement, setup, and programming
* Transfer Case High/Low Clutch Reset (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Transfer Case/Testing and Inspection/Symptom Related Diagnostic
Procedures/MP 3023/3024-NQH - Transfer Case/Transfer Case High/Low Clutch Reset)
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B0835 00
- Cruise Control System Active Indicator Circuit
Diagnostic Fault Information
The cruise control switch contains an LED that illuminates to indicate the cruise control system has been switched ON. Voltage is applied through
the ON/OFF switch to the LED when the switch is pressed. The body control module (BCM) provides the ground path for the LED through a
dedicated LED control circuit. Pressing the switch again opens the switch and the lamp turns OFF.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* The ignition is ON.
* The cruise switch is ON.