2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 1415
DTC P0532 or P0533
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC P0532 00
- Air Conditioning (A/C) Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
DTC P0533 00
- Air Conditioning (A/C) Refrigerant Pressure Sensor Circuit High Voltage
The engine control module (ECM) monitors the high side refrigerant pressure through the A/C refrigerant pressure sensor. The ECM supplies a 5 V
reference and a low reference to the sensor. Changes in the A/C refrigerant pressure cause the sensor signal to the ECM to vary. When the pressure
is high, the signal voltage is high. When the pressure is low, the signal voltage is low. When pressure is high, the ECM commands the cooling fans
on. When pressure is too high or too low, the ECM will not allow the activation of the A/C compressor.
Conditions for Running the DTC
Engine is running.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The ECM detects a short to ground or open at the A/C pressure sensor signal circuit.
The ECM detects a short to voltage at the A/C pressure sensor signal circuit.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* The A/C compressor is disabled.
* The ECM will illuminate the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL).
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
The condition for setting the DTC is no longer present.
HVAC Schematics (See: Heating and Air Conditioning/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views/Connector End Views By Name)
Description and Operation
Automatic HVAC Description and Operation (See: Heating and Air Conditioning/Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General