2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 1594
* Perform the Transmission Adaptive Functions (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Description and
Operation/AF40-6 - Automatic Transmission/Transmission Adaptive Functions).
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
- 1st Gear Ratio Incorrect
Diagnostic Fault Information
The shift control solenoid assembly (SLC1, SLC2, SLC3, SLB1) and the line pressure control solenoid (SLT) are installed on the front valve body.
The solenoids linearly control hydraulic pressure in response to signals output from the transmission control module (TCM). SLC1, SLC2, SLC3,
SLB1 controls hydraulic pressure to the clutches (C1, C2, C3) and brake (B1) for smooth shifting. According to each shift control solenoid
assembly, the transmission shifts from 1st gear into 6th gear and vice versa. As a fail-safe function, if any shift control solenoid assembly
abnormality occurs, the TCM will disable the current to the solenoids.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* The ignition voltage is 10.2-15.5 V.
* The engine speed is greater than 400 RPM for 2 s.
* The transmission is not in emergency mode.
* TCM communication is normal.
* Transmission fluid temperature is higher than 20掳C (68掳F).
* DTCs P0716, P0717, P0721 and P0722 are not set.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
* Driving in D range, 1st gear.
* Measured gear ratio deviates more than 20% from expected ratio.
* Determined after 12 times lasting 1 s or more.