2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 2019
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
- High Speed CAN Bus
Modules connected to the high speed GMLAN serial data circuits monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation.
Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. The modules have prerecorded information about what messages are
needed to be exchanged on the serial data circuits, for each virtual network. The messages are supervised and also, some periodic messages are
used by the receiver module as an availability indication of the transmitter module. The supervision time-out period is 250 ms. Each message
contains the identification number of the transmitter module.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* Voltage supplied to the modules is in the normal operating voltage range.
* The vehicle power mode requires serial data communication to occur.
* The DTC U0001 does not have a current status.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
A supervised periodic message that includes the transmitter module availability has not been received.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The module uses a default value for the missing parameter.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* A current DTC clears when the malfunction is no longer present.
* A history DTC clears when the module ignition cycle counter reaches the reset threshold, without a repeat of the malfunction.
Data Communication Schematics (See: Powertrain Management/Computers and Control Systems/Information Bus/Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views/Connector End Views By Name)
Description and Operation
Data Link Communications Description and Operation (See: Powertrain Management/Computers and Control Systems/Information
Bus/Description and Operation)
Electrical Information Reference
* Circuit Testing (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit
* Connector Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic
Procedures/Connector Repairs/Connector Repairs)
* Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General
Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Circuit Testing/Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections)
* Wiring Repairs (See: Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/General Electrical Diagnostic Procedures/Wiring
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information