2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 1629
* Perform the Service Fast Learn Adapts (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Testing and
Inspection/Programming and Relearning) following all transmission related repairs.
* Before replacing the TCM, perform the Control Solenoid Valve and Transmission Control Module Assembly Inspection (See:
Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General
Diagnostics/6T70/6T75 - Automatic Transmission/Control Solenoid Valve and Transmission Control Module Assembly Inspection).
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for control solenoid valve assembly replacement, setup, or
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
- Shift Solenoid (SS) 2 Valve Performance - Stuck Off
The shift solenoid (SS) valve 2 is part of the control solenoid valve assembly, which has no serviceable components. The SS valve 2 is a normally
closed (NC) solenoid valve and controls fluid to the clutch select valve 3. The solenoid operates by the transmission control module (TCM) opening
or closing the ground circuit. With the solenoid circuit grounded, solenoid on, the internal plunger moves and allows the metering ball to move
away from the feed seat and against the exhaust seat, creating signal fluid pressure. The signal fluid acts against the clutch select valve 3 to
overcome the valve spring force, moving it to the apply position.
Conditions for Running the DTC
* No DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0106, P0107, P0108, P0171, P0172, P0174, P0175, P0201, P0202, P0203, P0204, P0205, P0206, P0207,
P0208, P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, P0306, P0307, P0308, P0401, P042E, P0716, P0717, P0722, P0723, or P182E.
* The engine speed is 400 RPM or greater for 5.0 seconds.
* The high side driver is enabled.
* The ignition voltage is 8.6 volts or greater.
* Throttle position signal is valid.
* Transmission fluid temperature (TFT) is 0掳C (32掳F) or greater.
Conditions for Setting the DTC