* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
DTC B2600 00
- Daytime Running Lamp Control Circuit
Diagnostic Fault Information
The ambient light sensor is used to monitor outside lighting conditions. The ambient light sensor provides a voltage signal that will vary between 0.2
and 4.9 V depending on outside lighting conditions. The body control module (BCM) provides a 5 V reference signal to the ambient light sensor.
The body control module (BCM) monitors the ambient light sensor signal circuit to determine if outside lighting conditions are correct for either
daytime running lights (DRL) or automatic lamp control (ALC) when the headlamp switch is in the AUTO position. In daylight conditions, the BCM
will command the DRLs ON by applying ground to the DRL resistor via the DRL resistor control circuit. When the BCM applies ground to the DRL
resistor control circuit, the DRL signal circuits to the right and left headlamp assemblies are pulled low. The DRL signal circuits are direct inputs to
the right and left headlamp control modules. When the DRL signal circuits are provided with ground, the right and left headlamp control modules
respond by turning OFF the low beam headlamps and activating the DRLs. Any function or condition that turns the headlamps ON will cancel DRL
Conditions for Running the DTC
* Battery voltage must be between 9-16 V.
* Headlamp switch in AUTO position.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
The BCM detects a short to voltage in the DRL resistor control circuit.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
* The Service Headlamp Assembly indicator is commanded ON.
* The BCM will disable the DRL resistor control circuit.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
* The condition responsible for setting the DTC no longer exists.
* A history DTC will clear once 100 consecutive malfunction-free ignition cycles have occurred.
Headlights/Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Schematics (See: Diagrams/Electrical Diagrams/Lighting and Horns/System
Diagram/Headlights/Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Schematics)
Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views (See: Diagrams/Connector Views)
Description and Operation
Exterior Lighting Systems Description and Operation (See: Lighting and Horns/Description and Operation/Exterior Lighting Systems Description
Electrical Information Reference