2010 Cadillac Truck SRX AWD V6-2.8L Turbo Page 1753
Operation/AF40-6 - Automatic Transmission/Transmission Component and System Description)
DTC Type Reference
Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Type Definitions (See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Descriptions/Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) Type Definitions)
Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for scan tool information
1. Ensure the transmission fluid temperature is between 50-80掳C (122-176掳F).
2. Operate the vehicle in 2nd gear long enough to ensure at least a 3掳C (5掳F) rise in oil temperature.
3. Place the gear selector in Reverse for 5 s and then idle vehicle for 5 s.
4. Observe the scan tool data Shift Solenoid Valve 1 parameter. The parameter should display ON.
1. Ignition OFF, remove the K71 Transmission Control Module.
2. Test for 11-15 ohm between the Shift Solenoid Control circuit terminal 5 X2 and ground.
瀚慖f not within the specified range, test the wiring harness for internal short, or interruption. If the circuit test normal, replace the Q32A
Shift Solenoid Valve 1.
3. Test for infinite resistance between each terminal and the Shift Solenoid Control circuit terminal 5 X2.
瀚慖f less than the specified range, replace the wiring harness.
4. If all circuits test normal, test or replace the Q32A Shift Solenoid Valve 1. Verify the DTC does not reset.
瀚慖f the DTC resets, replace the K71 Transmission Control Module.
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification (See: Verification Tests) after completing the diagnostic procedure.
* Control valve body replacement-Refer to Control Valve Body Replacement (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic
Transmission/Transaxle/Valve Body/Service and Repair/AF40-6 - Automatic Transmission/Control Valve Body Replacement) for
replacement, setup and programming.
* TCM-Refer to Control Module References (See: Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning) for replacement, setup and
* Perform the Transmission Adaptive Functions (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Description and
Operation/AF40-6 - Automatic Transmission/Transmission Adaptive Functions).
* Wiring harness-Refer to Automatic Transmission Wiring Harness Replacement (See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic
Transmission/Transaxle/Wiring Harness/Service and Repair) for replacement.
DTC P0985 or P0986
* Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic System
Check - Vehicle) prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
* Review Strategy Based Diagnosis (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Strategy Based Diagnosis) for an
overview of the diagnostic approach.
* Diagnostic Procedure Instructions (See: Testing and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview/Diagnostic Procedure
Instructions) provides an overview of each diagnostic category.
- Shift Solenoid Valve 1 Control Circuit Low Voltage
- Shift Solenoid Valve 1 Control Circuit High Voltage
Diagnostic Fault Information